Please ensure that you are qualified in UV/LED GEL POLISH application to use this product.
- Dry manicure essentials
- Gellifique® Acid Free Bonder / Primer
- Gellifique® Nail Surface Cleanser
- Gellifique® GEL POLISH
- Gellifique® Choice of Top and Base coat
- A 48W UV/LED lamp - 365nm x 405nm with a low heat mode
- Vegan & Cruelty Free
- Premium Formula
- A wide range of top and base coats
- Perfectly pigmented
- Do not shrink or bubble
- Low odour
- Full coverage
- Limited edition colours
- Long lasting
- Minimum tack after curing
- Fast curing
- Sanitise your hands and your client’s hands.
- Whenever possible please wear gloves. We recommend completing all nail treatments in gloves to avoid contact of uncured products with skin.
- Do not use cuticle softening products or warm water.
- Perform a dry manicure by gently pushing back the cuticle area and removing any non living tissue. Use an e-file for this step if you are trained to use one.
- Using a 240 grit nail file, shape the free edge of the nail.
- Using a buffer or a buffing block remove the shine from the entire nail plate.
- Remove the dust using a nail brush and cleanse the nail with a lint free wipe and Isopropyl Alcohol solution or a specialised cleanser
- Apply sparingly the Gellifique® Acid Free Nail Bonder / Primer to the natural nail and let it air dry. Avoid skin contact. Avoid using on clients with skin sensitivities.
- Select your preferred Gellfique® Base Coat (find product details on-line or in our product catalogue) and apply in an even and thin layer. Do not let it run into the cuticle area.
- Apply to all 5 fingers and seal the free edge. Cure for 30 seconds LED or 120 seconds UV.
- Apply a thin coat of the selected Gel Polish Colour, sealing the free edge and cure it as above.
- Many of the Gellifique® Gel Polish Colours provide full coverage with one coat, however, we recommend always applying two coats of colour but ensuring that each coat is applied thinly.
- The thickness of each colour coat directly affect the longevity of the gel polish manicure.
- Apply a second coat of colour, seal the free edge and cure as above.
- Our Gel Polish Colours are perfectly pigmented to suit each shade to ensure an even and thorough cure.
- To apply the Gellifique® Ultra Seal for added strength, cure the gel polish colour as normal and apply a thin coat of the product, capping the free edge. Cure for 60 seconds LED or 120 seconds UV.
- Select a Gellifique® Top Coat and apply the product, cure as above.
- There is no need to cleanse after the final cure as all of the Gellifique® Top Coats are tack free.
- If you are using the Gellifique® Velvet Matte Top Coat please cure this product on a low heat setting with LED or 120 seconds with UV for the maximum comfort of your client. Matte Top Coats normally have a higher exothermic reaction compared to others.
- Sanitise your hands and the client’s hands. Reduce the nail length.
- Using a 150 grit manual file or an e-file (if trained) take down the bulk of the product from each nail.
- Work around various areas to avoid heat build up to the natural nail and discomfort for the client.
- Change to a 180 grit file as you get closer to the natural nail.
- Once the product is thinned down soak a Gellifique® Lint Free Wipe in Acetone and place on the nail and wrap in tin foil.
- Soak for 15 minutes and scrape off any softened product. Re - wrap if necessary and wait a further 5 - 10 minutes.
- Any left over product can be gently buffed off the nails.
- To start a new product application, please follow the relevant section in this application guide.
- Apply cuticle oil if there is no follow up manicure service.
- Always avoid skin contact with uncured products.
- Please do not attempt to remove any gel residue that is still hard.
- Please use the tools which you have been trained with for product removal.
- Please take care with pressure and use precision during the removal process in order to avoid overfiling the natural nail.
- For a manual file removal we recommend switching from 150 grit nail file to a 180 grit file half way and then down to a 240 grit.
- Please always exercise your professional judgement and advise your customer on an appropriate nail enhancement treatment depending on the condition of their natural nails.